- 21/2 Cups whole wheat squares cereal, such as Chex
- 1/2 Cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 Cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 1/2 Cup unsalted roasted almonds
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup California Golden raisins
Preheat oven to 250°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat parchment paper with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts, cashews, and almonds.
In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk until foamy. Whisk in the maple syrup, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, cumin, and salt. Add the egg white mixture to the cereal mixture. Toss to coat completely. Spread the mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes, stirring at 30 minutes. Allow the mix to cool for 30 minutes or longer. Combine with California raisins before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe created by Elizabeth Ward, MS, RD