1. Fifteen (15) hours before final mixing, combine ingredients for sponge and mix on low for 3 minutes; then, on medium for 2 minutes. Set aside to proof in the refrigerator at 40ºF for 15 hours.
2. Soak raisins overnight in mixture of sugar, lemon juice and water.2
1. Combine 1pound bread flour with 13 ounces cold water and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
3. Mix bread flour, yeast, brown sugar, salt, butter, corn syrup, sponge and water on low for 4 minutes. Add boiled flour mixture and mix on low for 6 minutes, then on medium for 5 minutes. (Desired final dough temperature is 80°F.)
2. Stir in raisins and walnuts; mixing until incorporated.
3. Bulk ferment for 40 minutes at 86ºF. Fold down once.
1. For Almond Filling, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs; beat well and slowly fold in almond flour and cake flour. Do not over mix.
2. Scale dough into 1-pound pieces and bench rest for 20 minutes.
3. Roll each piece of dough into a rectangle and spread 2 ounces of Almond Filling on top; then, roll into a cylinder about 2 feet long and shape into a heart. Dip into mixture of sesame seeds and chopped almonds.
4. Final proof for 40 minutes at 86ºF.
5. Bake at 395ºF with steam for 25 to 30 minutes