Creamy crab and avocado tossed with raisins and iceberg lettuce in a sharp horseradish dressing.
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- 2 fresh ripe nectarines, peaches or pears
- 1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 15 fluid ounce flaked crab meat
- 2 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 3/4 cup croutons
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
For dressing, blend sour cream, catsup, Worcestershire and horseradish together in small bowl; mix well and chill. In another smal bowl, combine raisins with warm water to cover and set aside to plump.
Slice fruit to yield 1-1/4 cups; reserve a few slices for garnish, and place remainder in large salad bowl with lettuce, crab, eggs, croutons, avocado, onion and drained raisins. Toss gently with dressing, and chill.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 280 (34% from fat); Total Fat 11g (sat 3g, mono 5g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 125mg; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 28g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 420mg; Calcium 94mg; Potassium 534mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.