- Fifteen (15) to eighteen (18) hours before final mixing, combine ingredients for sponge and mix on low for 6 minutes until sponge is 77°F. Bulk ferment 15 to 18 hours in refrigerator at 40°F.
- Meanwhile, combine raisins and currants with just enough rum to cover; let stand at room temperature.
- Combine sponge, flour, yeast, salt, water and sugar; mix on low for 5 minutes, then on medium for 4 minutes more. Add butter; mix on low for 5 minutes, then on medium for 3 minutes. 2
- Add raisins and currants; mix on low for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bulk ferment for 30 minutes at 85°F.
- Divide and scale dough into 2-pound pieces; bench rest for 30 minutes.
- Shape each loaf into a long oval; spray with water and dip into a mixture of sunflower seeds, flax seeds and sesame seeds. Proof 50 minutes at 90ºF.
- Bake at 425ºF with steam for 35 to 40 minutes.
* See recipe
Nutrition Facts Per Serving(Calories from Fat %); ( );
Try Another Recipe
Sweet and Sour Bread
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are all natural!