Golden raisins and carrots make a royal combination.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 ounce carrots, scraped and sliced
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 2 1/2 ounce prewashed salad mix containing romaine, iceberg, endive, radicchio and leaf lettuce
- 3 tablespoons cooking liquid from carrots, cooled
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed cumin seeds
In saucepan, combine water, vinegar, cloves and garlic. Bring to a boil; add sliced carrots and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Reserve 3 tablespoons liquid for dressing in large bowl and combine with remaining ingredients for dressing; mix well. Stir in carrots, cloves, garlic and raisins. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand in refrigerator overnight. Just before serving, remove cloves and garlic; add greens and toss gently but thoroughly.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 100 (24% from fat); Total Fat 3g (sat 0g, mono 2g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 21g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 55mg; Calcium 46mg; Potassium 400mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.