Sprouted Sour Rye Rolls with Zante Currants
|Total Dough||Whole Wheat Sponge||Soaker||Final Dough|
|Ingredients||Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g||Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g||Bakers %||US/Oz||Metric/g||US/Oz||Metric/g|
|Whole wheat flour||40||10.8||307||100||8.1||230||2.7||77|
|California raisin paste||5||1.4||38||1.4||38|
|Zante currants, macerated||40||10.8||307||10.8||307|
- Ready Time :
- Twenty-four (24) hours before final mixing, put rye berries to soak in water, ideally, in a very warm room (about 80°F).
- Twelve (12) hours before final mixing, macerate currants in warm water or orange juice just to cover. (Desired final macerated weight is approximately 72% raisins and 28% liquid.)
- Also, twelve (12) hours before final mixing, gently mix sponge ingredients together with bench scraper or wooden spoon until mixture forms shaggy dough. Cover with plastic wrap or damp towel and leave at room temperature (75°F) for 12 hours.
- Drain rye berries and rinse thoroughly. Grind and set aside.
- Thoroughly drain currants. Scale out final weight of macerated currants and set aside. 2
- Break sponge into smaller pieces and place in spiral mixer bowl. Add rye flour, wheat flour, water, gluten, milk powder, yeast, salt and ground rye berries; mix on 1st speed for 3 minutes. Add raisin paste and honey; mix on 2nd speed for another 5 minutes.
- Add currants and mix on 1st speed until fully incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes. (Dough should be 75°F at this point. Do not over mix.)
- Remove dough from mixer and place in a covered container to bulk ferment for 2 hours, folding after 1 hour.
- Divide into 3.5-ounce (100-gram) pieces. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Divide into 20 equal pieces; shape into rolls. Place seam side up on couche dusted with rye flour and proof for 1 hour.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack
This recipe is found in the following categories:
(No Ratings Yet)
Comments are closed.