- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon red chile flakes
- 11/2 Cups California raisins
- 2 Tablespoons Silver Tequila
- 2 Teaspoons Cointreau
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon kosher or coarse salt
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter until foaming. Add the red chile flakes and sauté for approximately 1 minute. Add the raisins and stir to coat with butter. Slowly cook until the raisins begin to lightly puff. Carefully add the tequila and Cointreau. Cook briefly just until the liquid has evaporated. Add the lime juice and remove from the heat. Allow to cool. When the raisins have cooled, toss with salt. Serve at room temperature.