Spiced Raisin Apple Cake
All the goodness of mulled apple cider wrapped in a spiced cake.
- 1 pound (3 to 4 medium) Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup California natural raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup California raisin paste
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dry milk powder
Peel, core and dice apples into 1/4-inch pieces; turn into small bowl and toss with lemon juice; set aside. Measure dry ingredients into sifter; mix together, sift into medium bowl, and set aside. In mixer bowl with paddle attachment, cream butter, honey and raisin paste together until light and fluffy. Then, combine vanilla with beaten eggs and add to creamed mixture, a little at a time. Add dry ingredients all at once and mix just until combined. Fold in apples and raisins, mix just to combine.
Spread batter into 8-inch round cake pan and bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean. Let stand until cooled; divide into 8 servings and serve while still warm.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 320 (27% from fat); Total Fat 10g (sat 6g, mono <1g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 75mg; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 55g; (Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 37g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 230mg; Calcium 78mg; Potassium 444mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.