Spiced Angel Cake
- 1/2 Cup California natural or golden raisins
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Package angel food cake mix
Chop raisins very fine; set aside. Add spices to the dry cake mix ingredients. Dredge raisins with 2 tablespoons of dry mix; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Carefully fold in raisins and any remaining dredging mix. Turn into ungreased 10-inch tube pan and bake as directed. Immediately after baking, invert pan on funnel or bottle to cool completely.
Raisin Butter Icing
- 1/4 Cup California natural or golden raisins
- 1/4 Cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 Teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 31/2 Cups sifted powdered sugar
For Raisin Butter Icing, chop raisins fine. Beat all remaining ingredients together until light and fluffy, then blend in raisins. When cake is completely cool, remove from pan and spread with icing.