- Serving Size: (dessert)
- 6 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk*
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups shortening
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
1. Blend flour, sugar, dry milk, baking powder, salt, cocoa, cloves and cinnamon for 1 minute in mixer bowl on low speed.
2. Combine eggs, vanilla and water. Add shortening and about half this liquid mixture to dry ingredients. Blend for 30 seconds on low. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
3. Add remaining liqiud mixture. Blend for 30 seconds on low. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
4. Add raisins and nuts. Blend for 1 minute on low speed.
5. Pour batter into lightly greased and floured sheet pan (18 x 26 x 1-inch).
6. Bake until lightly browned in Conventional oven – 375°F for 35 minutes or Convection oven – 325°F for 25 minutes.
7. Cool. Frost or lightly dust with powdered sugar. Cut 5 X 10 (50 pieces).
1. Substitute 2 1/2 ounces (1/2 cup) noninstant nonfat dry milk for instant nonfat dry milk if desired.
2. Substitute 4 ounces (1 1/3 cups) dried whole eggs and 1 1/3 cups water for shell eggs.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 260 (37% from fat); Total Fat 11g (sat 2.5g, mono 5g, poly 3g, trans 1g ); Cholesterol 30mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 38g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 23g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 150mg; Calcium 44mg; Potassium 169mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.