Spanish Mountain Paella with California Golden Raisins
By John Csukor
Spanish rice and raisins with chicken, sausage and shrimp.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch rings and browned
- 1/3 pound chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut into small dice
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, cut into medium dice
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup julienne roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup arborio or Spanish rice
- 1/4 pound small shrimp (35-40 count), peeled and deveined
- Lemon wedges; for garnish
- Manzanilla olives; for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large roasting pan, combine first 17 ingredients; bring to simmer on top of stove. Sprinkle raw rice over mixture and stir to combine evenly. Place in oven; bake for 25-30 minutes. Add shrimp. Continue baking for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp and rice are cooked and mixture seems dry. Let paella stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve paella in bowls. Garnish with lemon wedges and Manzanilla olives.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 390 (32% from fat); Total Fat 13g (sat 4.5g, mono 7g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 85mg; Protein 21g; Carbohydrate 43g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 800mg; Calcium 47mg; Potassium 410mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.