By Heather Cohen, 2007 Wise Choices Recipe Contest
Combine the freshest of fish with sweet, tangy raisin sauce for this Mediterranean treat.
- 1 pound fresh halibut fillets or other fresh white fish
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges; for garnish
- Fresh basil leaves; for garnish
Cut fish into 3/4-inch dice. Place in glass dish and add lemon juice and garlic; toss lightly to coat. Cover and place in refrigerator for 3 to 5 hours or overnight.
Drain fish; add raisins, tomato, almonds, capers, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper; mix well. Turn into serving bowl. Garnish with lemon and basil leaves. Serve with toothpicks or spoon for transfer to small cocktail plates.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 140 (27% from fat); Total Fat 4g (sat 0g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 10mg; Protein 9g; Carbohydrate 17g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 15g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 135mg; Calcium 35mg; Potassium 352mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.