Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter a metal pie pan with wire rack; set aside. Put 4 bamboo skewers to soak in tepid water.
For Chutney, combine jelly, raisins, horseradish sauce and black pepper in a medium bowl; mix well and set aside.
For Scallops, arrange bacon slices on rack in baking dish. Bake at 350ºF until half done, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool and wrap slices around sides of scallops. Thread 3 scallops onto each skewer, leaving a 1-inch gap between them.
Preheat broiler. Place threaded skewers in prepared pan and brush lightly with melted butter. Broil for 8 minutes, turning once, until scallops are opaque.
To serve, divide and arrange spinach leaves on 4 individual serving plates. Remove scallops from skewers and arrange 3 on each plate. Spoon chutney into individual sauce bowls and place on serving plates. Garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Note: Chutney will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- 1/4 Cup currant jelly, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup California golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 Cup prepared horseradish sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 12 Slices bacon
- 12 large sea scallops (1 to 1 1/2 ounces each)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Several medium-size spinach leaves; rinsed, dried and stems removed
- Lemon wedges; for garnish