Savory Leek, California Raisin and Ricotta Tart
Easy to prepare and delicious.
- 1 9-inch pastry ( not in a pie shell)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 1/4 cup California golden raisins
- 3 ounce diced smoked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or arugula
- 15 ounce ricotta cheese, low fat, 1 15 -ounce container
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Roll out pastry dough and press into a 9-inch springform or tart pan. Bake 10 minutes. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add leeks and sauté until browned, about 10 minutes. Add raisins and ham, cook 5 minutes. Combine ricotta, eggs and cheese; whisk well. Add leek mixture and basil and stir well. Spoon ricotta mixture into tart shell. Bake 40 minutes or until puffed, golden and set.
Recipe can also be found at Relish.com
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.