- 8 baby red beets
- 8 baby yellow beets
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/3 Cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup hazelnut oil
- 1/4 Cup canola oil
- 1 small head Belgian endive, shredded
- 1 small head radicchio, shredded
- 1 large Asian pear; peeled, cored and julienne
- 1 Cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 Cup hazelnuts; toasted, skinned and quartered
- 1 Cup chopped California golden raisins
To prepare beets, place in saucepan and add water to cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Cool in ice water and remove skin and stems. Slice beets in half; toss with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
For vinaigrette, place shallot and sherry wine vinegar in small bowl; slowly whisk in oils. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For salad, toss endive, radicchio, pear, goat cheese, hazelnuts and raisins with vinaigrette and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To Serve, divide and arrange salad in center of each of 8 plates and top with beets. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.