- 2 Cups California raisins
- 1/3 Cup rum
- 8 Ounces pie dough
- 1/4 Cup (1-1/2 ounces) almonds, ground
- 1/4 Cup (1 ounce) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons (1/2 ounce) cornstarch
- 63/4 tablespoons (3 ounces) sugar
- 3/4 Cup milk, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 11/4 Cups cream
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla
Soak raisins in rum overnight. Then, preheat oven to 425°F. Line tart pan with dough and prick bottom all over. Spread ground almonds evenly over bottom and then, sprinkle evenly with drained raisins.
In small bowl, mix flour, cornstarch and sugar together. Stir in enough milk to make a paste and beat in eggs, remaining milk, cream and vanilla. Pour over raisins and bake at 425°F for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool and dust with powdered sugar.