Roasted Mushroom Salad with Raisin Juice Caramelized Bacon & Chili-Lime Soy Dressing
Crunchy fried raisins, caramelized bacon with asian flavors, wow!
- 2 cups Oyster mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups Crimini mushroom, cut 1/4
- 2 cups Maitake mushroom
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Celery, sliced thin on a bias
- 1/4 cup Red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Carrots, julienne
- 10 piece Mint leaves, julienne
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sambal oelek chili sauce
- 3-1/2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 2-1/2 Sugar
Raisin Juice Caramelized Bacon
- 4 Bacon slices
- 3 tablespoons Raisin Juice Concentrate
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup California natural raisins
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- Corn starch
- Vegetable oil
Measure all ingredients into small bowl and mix together well; set aside.
Raisin-flavored Caramelized Bacon
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange bacon slices on rack on baking sheet or roasting pan, and roast at 350ºF until golden brown and crispy. Then, brush both sides with raisin juice concentrate and continue baking until caramelized. Remove from
oven and sprinkle with chili powder. Set aside to cool. Cut or break into small pieces.
Combine all mushrooms in roasting pan, and toss with olive oil, ginger, garlic and salt until well combined. Roast at 350ºF for 15 to 20 minutes (until mushrooms are cooked). Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a pot to 350ºF. Dredge raisins in cornstarch, and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain and set aside on paper towel.
Add sliced celery, onion, carrots, mint leaves, caramelized bacon pieces, and dressing to cooled mushrooms and toss to mix well. Divide and arrange servings on individual salad plates. Garnish with Fried Raisins.
Note:Kikkoman (brand) soy sauce preferred.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 1000 (71% from fat); Total Fat 81g (sat 12g, mono 56g, poly 10g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 15mg; Protein 13g; Carbohydrate 63g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 48g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 2080mg; Calcium 52mg; Potassium 876mg
Comments are closed.