In small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic and cook until lightly browned. Stir in sugar, vinegar, and raisins; cook until raisins are plump.
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Turn into blender and pulse until smooth, adding mint, a little at a time until the sauce is green. Set aside until ready to serve.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lay the leg flat on a cutting board, and with boning knife, make 8 to 10 slits about 1-inch long iand 1-inch deep in meat. Remove rosemary and mint leaves from sprigs and wrap them around garlic slices; push into slits in meat. Rub lamb with cumin, salt and pepper.
In large sautépan or on grill, sear lamb on all sides. Place in oven and cook 25 minutes at 350°F or until meat is medium-rare to medium (145°F to 160°F). Let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes. Slice and serve topped with Raisin Jam.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 2 Tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 3 Pounds boned leg of lamb
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 3 mint sprigs
- 1 clove garlic, cut into 8 to 10 slices
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
- Salt and pepper