- 1/2 Pound fresh spinach
- 6 Ounces creamy Gorgonzola cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 Cup California raisins, soaked in Marsala wine and drained
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped rosemary or sage
- 8 boneless chicken breasts (4 ounces each), with skin on
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup olive or vegetable oil
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
Blanch spinach in well-salted boiling water; drain and squeeze out excess water; coarsely chop and place in a bowl. Add cheese, pine nuts, raisins and rosemary. Mix well and adjust seasonings.
With chicken skin side down on a cutting board and using a boning knife, remove tenderloins from breasts and set aside for another use. Gently pound thickest part of breasts to even thickness. Then, cut lengthwise incision along thick side of breast to form a pocket. Divide and stuff with cheese mixture; gently press incision closed. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat small amount of oil in large sautépan and arrange breasts, skin-side down. Sear for 1 minute or until nicely browned; turn and place pan in preheated oven and roast at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes until done (170°F). Remove from oven; allow to stand about 2 minutes. Then, carefully slice and serve immediately.