Roast Beef Tenderloin with Red Onion Jam and Gorgonzola Cheese
Red onion jam with golden raisins tops roast beef tenderloin on toasted focaccia.
Red Onion Jam
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) olive oil
- 2 pounds red onions, cut in matchstick-size pieces (julienne)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) raspberry vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup grenadine
- 3 cups California golden raisins
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper; to taste
- 24 squares (2 1/2-inch) focaccia bread
- Virgin olive oil, as needed
- 2 3/4 pounds beef tenderloin, roasted medium rare and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pound Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
For jam, heat oil in a large sautépan and slowly sauté onions until soft. Add vinegar, water and grenadine. Cook 15 minutes until thickened. Then, add raisins and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes more. Cool. Serve at room temperature.
Slice focaccia squares in half horizontally to make 2 flat slices; drizzle cut sides with olive oil and toast lightly. Top bottom half of each of the 24 squares with 1 ounce of roast beef, a bit of Gorgonzola and 1 tablespoon of the jam. Arrange top half on each and secure with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 420 (34% from fat); Total Fat 16g (sat 7g, mono 5g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 50mg; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 52g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 23g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 510mg; Calcium 135mg; Potassium 430mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.