Raisiny Mole Sauce
Richly flavored sauce hides some nutritious ingredients.
- Serving Size: 3 ounces
- 2 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil*
- 5 pounds canned chili style beans, undrained
- 1 1/3 cups chili sauce
- 5 1/2 cups California raisins*
- 2 1/2 cups water ( may need 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup peanut or other nut butter*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- *On USDA Foods Available List for Schools
Saute onions in oil over medium heat until browned and softened. Cool slightly. Place all ingredients in processor, except water, and begin processing, adding the water to reach desired consistency. Store refrigerated.
**Use Raisiny Mole Sauce for Mole and Chicken Raisin Flatbread recipe or serve over grilled chicken.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 105 (11%% from fat); Total Fat 1g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 22g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 2g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 384mg; Calcium 14mg; Potassium 155mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.