Raisin Thai Chile Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Enjoy these wraps with crunchy vegetables and Thai sauced chicken -- and serve with exotic Ponzu sauce. For Diabetes-Friendly, 1 serving = to 4 carb choices.
- Serving Size: 4 wraps
Raisin Thai Chile Sauce (Makes 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Ponzu Raisin Sauce (Makes 1-1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup ponzu sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chile oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup grilled chicken breast, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup snow peas, cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cut in fine julienne strips
- 1/4 cup fresh gingerroot, peeled and cut in julienne strips
- 1/4 cup baby corn, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- 3/4 cup Raisin Thai Chile Sauce (see recipe, above)
- 12 each Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup green onion, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon toasted rice powder
- 1 1/4 cups Ponzu Raisin Sauce, for dipping (see recipe, above)
For Raisin Thai Chile Sauce, combine all ingredients in mixing bowl; mix well and store in refrigerator until needed. For Ponzu Sauce. combine all ingredients in mixing bowl; mix well and store in refrigerator until needed.
To make Lettuce Wraps, heat a large nonstick sautépan over medium high heat; add canola oil and sauté mushrooms, 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce and sugar; cook 2 minutes, more; remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, combine chicken, carrots, snow peas, red pepper, gingerroot, corn, water chestnuts, golden raisins, and Raisin Thai Chile Sauce; fold together until thoroughly combined. Divide and spoon into 12 lettuce cups arranged on serving platter; sprinkle green onions and toasted rice powder over all. Serve with Ponzu Raisin Sauce for dipping.
Notes: Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce recommended. Nutrition facts do not include Ponzu Raisin Sauce.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 380 (32% from fat); Total Fat 7g (sat 0g, mono 4g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 40mg; Protein 18g; Carbohydrate 64g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 38g; ); Iron 4mg; Sodium 2320mg; Calcium 86mg; Potassium 930mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.