Raisin Thai Chile Chicken Lettuce Wraps for 6
Fill these wraps with crunchy vegetables and Thai sauced chicken -- and serve with exotic Ponzu sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 wraps
Raisin Thai Chile Sauce (Makes 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sweet Thai chile sauce
- 2 tablespoons California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Ponzu Raisin Sauce (Makes 1-1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup ponzu sauce
- 1/4 cup California raisin juice concentrate*
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons finely minced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chile oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup grilled chicken breast, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup snow peas, cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cut in fine julienne strips
- 1/4 cup fresh gingerroot, peeled and cut in julienne strips
- 1/4 cup baby corn, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup California golden raisins
- 3/4 cup Raisin Thai Chile Sauce (see recipe, above)
- 12 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup green onion, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon toasted rice powder
- 1 1/4 cups Ponzu Raisin Sauce, for dipping (see recipe, above)
For Raisin Thai Chile Sauce, combine all ingredients in mixing bowl; mix well and store in refrigerator until needed. For Ponzu Sauce. combine all ingredients in mixing bowl; mix well and store in refrigerator until needed.
To make Lettuce Wraps, heat a large nonstick sautépan over medium high heat; add canola oil and sauté mushrooms, 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce and sugar; cook 2 minutes, more. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, combine chicken, carrots, snow peas, red pepper, gingerroot, corn, water chestnuts, golden raisins, and Raisin Thai Chile Sauce; fold together until thoroughly combined. Divide and spoon into 12 lettuce cups arranged on serving platter; sprinkle green onions and toasted rice powder over all. Serve with Ponzu Raisin Sauce for dipping.
Notes: Kikkoman Ponzu Sauce recommended.
Nutrition facts do not include Ponzu Raisin Sauce.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 180 (16% from fat); Total Fat 3.5g (sat 0g, mono 1g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 20mg; Protein 9g; Carbohydrate 30g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 1160mg; Calcium 31mg; Potassium 370mg
Comments are closed.