Raisin Pistachio Biscotti
Sweet raisins and crunchy nuts for a sweet treat.
- 3 1/2 cups (1 pound 11 ounces) soft butter
- 7 cups (3 pounds 2 ounces) sugar
- 10 eggs (2 cups/1 pound)
- 15 1/2 cups (4 pounds 4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 4 1/4 cups (1 pound 6 ounces) California raisins
- 3 1/4 cups (14 ounces) whole shelled pistachios
- 3 1/3 cups (14 ounces) sliced almonds
- 4 3/4 tablespoons (1 ounce) grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
With electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream butter and sugar together until light. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition. Add flour and mix just until combined. Then, stir in raisins, nuts, orange peel and spices; mix by hand just until combined.
Divide and scale into 4 portions about 3 pounds 5 ounces each. Shape into flat logs about 12 inches long on lightly oiled baking sheet pans. Brush with egg wash and chill thoroughly. Then, bake at 325°F for about 30 minutes in a convection oven. Cool and slice each log crosswise into 20 pieces. Arrange pieces in single layer, cut side down, on clean, lightly oiled baking sheets and bake at 220°F for about 45 minutes until crisp.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 320 (38% from fat); Total Fat 13g (sat 6g, mono 6g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 50mg; Protein 6g; Carbohydrate 45g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 24g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 95mg; Calcium 31mg; Potassium 184mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.