Raisin, Peanut and Lime Sambal
Serve alone as a vegetable or spoon onto grilled chicken for a special treat.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon California raisin paste*
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup kecap manis*
- Grated zest of 4 fresh limes
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (jaggery)
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 cups California raisins
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
Combine ingredients for dressing in large mixing bowl; mix well. Fold in raisins, peanuts and cilantro; toss to coat well. Serve at room temperature.
Notes: Commercially prepared California raisin paste is available from foodservice and industrial suppliers. To make your own raisin paste, grind or process in a food processor whole California raisins equal to twice the amount of raisin paste required (2 tablespoons natural raisins) until very finely chopped and smooth.
Kecap manis is a sweet anise infused Indonesian soy sauce.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 190 (50% from fat); Total Fat 11g (sat 1g, mono 5g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 20g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 370mg; Calcium 16mg; Potassium 250mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.