Cream butter with powdered sugar until smooth. Add egg and beat well. Stir in flour, baking powder and pecans; mix briefly. Knead by hand to incorporate excess flour; chill for at least 1 hour. Divide into 4 balls and roll out on lightly floured board. Line two 9-ich tart pans, reserving 2 sheets for tops.
Combine raisins, cinnamon stick and water in a saucepan; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Cool; remove cinnamon stick. Mix raisins, rum, honey, orange zest and pecans together. Set aside.
In electric mixer fitted with paddle, beat almond paste with sugar at medium speed to soften. Slowly add softened butter. Scrape bowl. Add fresh eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape bowl often. Mix in flour until combined. Divide and spread in tart shells. Then, divide and spread raisin mixture evenly on top. Cut remaining 2 sheets of dough in strips and arrange in criss-cross pattern on top of fruit. Bake in 325°F oven for 30 minutes.
- 1/3 Cup (3 ounces) butter
- 1/3 Cup (1 1/2 ounces) powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups (6 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons (1/4 ounce) baking powder
- 1/2 Cup (2 ounces) pecans, toasted and finely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups (18 ounces) California raisins
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 11/2 Cups (12 ounces) water
- 1/4 Cup rum
- 1/4 Cup (3 ounces) honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 Cup (4 ounces) pecans, chopped
- 1 Cup (8 ounces) almond paste, softened
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons cake flour, sifted