- 3 Cups tart apples; peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 Tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup California golden raisins
- 1/2 Cup water
In saucepan, sauté apples in butter until soft, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 to 8 minutes. Pour into blender; blend until smooth. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts Per ServingCalories 60 (Calories from Fat 12%); Total Fat 1 ( Saturated Fat 0; Trans Fat 0; ); Cholesterol 5; Sodium 10; Potassium 136; Total Carbohydrate 15; Dietary Fiber 1; Sugars 10; Protein 0; Calcium 9; Iron <1;
Try Another Recipe
California Raisin Chipotle Mustard Glaze
There are many more ways to use raisins for healthy cooking. Take a look at our recipe page for more delicious dishes.View All Recipes
Raisins are excellent food choices for most individuals, including those with Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
- James W. Anderson, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Emeritus, University of Kentucky.