Peruvian Beef Wrap
Genuine Latin flavors all wrapped up in a quick-fix sandwich.
- 8 ounce beef chuck tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 6 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 1/2 cup snow peas; blanched, chilled and coarsely chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
Heat a large skillet and add beef, cilantro, onion, lime juice, garlic, cumin, tomato purée, sugar, raisins and water. Heat to boiling; cover and simmer 1 hour or until hot clear through, stirring occasionally. Shred beef using 2 forks. Season and keep warm.
Steam tortillas to soften. Lay flat in single layer on work surface. For each serving, scoop 1/2 cup beef mixture just above center of each tortilla; top with cooked quinoa, 1/4 cup black beans, 1 tablespoon minced red onion, 2 tablespoons snow peas and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato. Turn in sides and roll to enclose filling. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 570 (29% from fat); Total Fat 19g (sat 6g, mono 9g, poly 2g, trans 1g ); Cholesterol 35mg; Protein 22g; Carbohydrate 80g; (Dietary Fiber 8g; Sugars 22g; ); Iron 7mg; Sodium 600mg; Calcium 138mg; Potassium 630mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.