Pear Watercress Bowl
Spike a package of baby field greens with peppery watercress to pep up raisins and pears.
- 2 fresh ripe Bartlett pears
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 2 1/2 ounce prewashed baby field greens including mizuna, tatsoi, arugula etc.
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian-style dressing
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Halve, core and slice pears. Wash and trim watercress; break into bite-size pieces. Mix dressing, onion, lemon juice, onion salt, pepper and salt in bottom of salad bowl. Add pears and toss well to coat. Add watercress, raisins and greens; toss gently but thoroughly.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 110 (11% from fat); Total Fat 1g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 25g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 21g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 290mg; Calcium 26mg; Potassium 282mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.