Pavo Quesadilla with Raisin Fruit Chutney
From National Turkey Federation
Tempting turkey quesadillas and chutney for a crowd!
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) canola oil
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced small
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 6 ounce cooked turkey, diced small
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices jalapeño jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mango, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup pineapple, peeled and diced small
- 3/4 cup (4-1/4 ounces) California raisins
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) brown sugar
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup (2 ounces) onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter, as needed
- 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges
- Cilantro leaves; as needed
Heat oil in large skillet. Add bell peppers, cilantro, onion and jalapeño. Sweat for a few minutes. Remove from pan; cool and stir in turkey.
Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Place one slice jack cheese onto upper half of each tortilla. Divide turkey-onion mixture evenly and spoon on top of cheese; fold up bottom half of tortilla and press down gently.
Raisin Fruit Chutney
In saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes until mixture thickens. Cool.
To serve, in non-stick skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter and cook until quesadilla is golden on both sides. Cut into wedges. Garnish with Raisin Fruit Chutney, lime wedges and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 260 (31% from fat); Total Fat 9g (sat 3.5g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 30mg; Protein 12g; Carbohydrate 34g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 530mg; Calcium 231mg; Potassium 214mg
This recipe is found in the following categories:
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.