Pasta and Seafood Salad
Prepared salad mix, pasta, salmon and chickpeas garnished with California raisins for a hearty repast.
- 4 ounce uncooked bow-tie or shell pasta
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 8 ounce cooked shrimp
- 4 ounce smoked salmon; sliced into long, narrow strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package (7 ounces) prepared spring salad mix
Add curry powder to boiling salted water and cook pasta according to package directions until still firm; drain and rinse until cooled with cold running water. Drain, thoroughly, and turn into salad bowl. Add shrimp, salmon, chickpeas and raisins.
In a small bowl, stir chives, lemon juice, salt and pepper together; add oil and stir vigorously until well blended. Pour over salad; toss well and serve on individual salad plates lined with butter lettuce mix.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 420 (47% from fat); Total Fat 22g (sat 3g, mono 15g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 20g; Carbohydrate 37g; (Dietary Fiber 7g; Sugars 15g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 95mg; Calcium 88mg; Potassium 624mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.