Oriental Pasta Salad
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- 2 pounds pasta, any style
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 3 cups green onions
- 4 cups California raisins
- 2 cups reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
2. Mix pasta with vegetables.
3. Process raisins and half of the soy sauce until mixture is smooth.
4. Add remaining soy sauce; continue to process until mixture is smooth.
5. Add mayonnaise, ginger and sesame oil; process until well mixed (NOTE: If processor capacity is small, combine ingredients in a mixing bowl; mix well).
6. Combine 6 cups of the dressing with pasta and vegetables; chill.
7. Just before serving, add remaining dressing and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Note: Broccoli may be blanched for brighter color and tenderness.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 160 (30% from fat); Total Fat 5g (sat 1g, mono 1g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 5mg; Protein 3g; Carbohydrate 25g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 10g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 390mg; Calcium 25mg; Potassium 194mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.