Orange Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- Serving Size: (1/4-cup vegetables/fruits)
- 1 1/4 No.10 cans cut sweet potatoes, with light syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup California raisins
1. Drain sweet potatoes, reserving 1 cup liquid. Set aside.
2. Transfer to steamtable pan (12 x 20 x 2 1/2-inch).
3. To make glaze, combine butter, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, sweet potato liquid, nutmeg and cinnamon in medium saucepan. Stir to blend. Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
4. Add raisins.
5. Pour glaze over potatoes. Bake in Conventional oven – 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes or Convection oven – 325°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher. Portion 1/4 cup per serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 110 (17% from fat); Total Fat 2g (sat 1g, mono <1g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 5mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 21g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 17g; ); Iron <1mg; Sodium 53mg; Calcium 22mg; Potassium 275mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.