Orange Glazed Carrots
- Serving Size: (1/4 cup vegetables/fruits)
- 1 1/4 No.10 cans sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup California raisins
1. Drain carrots, reserving 1 cup liquid; set aside.
2. Arrange carrots in steamtable pan (12 x 20 x 2 1/2-inch).
3. To make glaze, combine carrot liquid, butter, brown sugar, orange juice concentrate, cornstarch, nutmeg and cinnamon in medium saucepan. Stir to blend. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add raisins.
4. Pour over carrots. Bake in Conventional oven – 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes or Convection oven – 325°F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 60 (29% from fat); Total Fat 2g (sat 1g, mono 0.5g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 5mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 10g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 8g; ); Iron <1mg; Sodium 120mg; Calcium 19mg; Potassium 152mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.