- 2 blood oranges
- 1/2 lemon
- 21/2 Ounces prewashed spinach leaves
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 Cup California raisins
- 2 fresh mint or basil leaves, rinsed and finely slivered
- 11/2 Teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
Working over a bowl to catch juice, with a sharp knife, cut peel and white membrane from oranges and lemons; discard peel and membrane. Cut oranges crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices and lemons into 1/8-inch thick slices.
Arrange spinach leaves on serving platter. Then, overlap orange slices in a circular pattern around edge of platter. Top center with overlapping lemon slices. Pour any collected juice over fruit. Scatter onion rings evenly over citrus. Sprinkle with raisins. Garnish with mint or basil. Drizzle oil over salad and top with fresh ground pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.