Olive, Jicama and Orange Salsa
Serve as a dip for pita bread or over grilled fish or chicken.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 2 oranges, peeled with pith removed
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pitted and quartered nicoise olives
- 3/4 cup pitted and quartered picholine olives
- 8 ounce jicama, peeled and diced 1/4-inch
- 2 cups California raisins or California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Working over a large bowl to catch the juice, cut orange sections away from the membrane. Discard the membrane and put sections in another bowl; set aside. In bowl with orange juice, combine lime juice, chile powder and cayenne; whisk in olive oil in slow steady stream. Add remaining ingredients and orange segments to the dressing and mix gently but thoroughly. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 140 (41% from fat); Total Fat 7g (sat 1g, mono 5g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 21g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 16g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 115mg; Calcium 31mg; Potassium 219mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.