Old Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Serving Size: (dessert)
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups shortening
- 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins, plumped
1. Blend flour, baking soda, salt, rolled oats, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg for 2 minutes in mixer bowl on low speed.
2. Add shortening, butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute on medium speed.
3. Add raisins and blend for 30 seconds on low speed.
4. Portion with No. 40 scoop in rows of 6 down and 5 across onto each of 2 sheet pans (18 x 26 x 1-inch).
5. Bake until lightly browned in Conventional oven – 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes or Convection oven – 300°F for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Cool completely. Remove from sheet pans.
1. May substitute 1 1/2 ounces (1/2 cup) dried whole eggs and 1/2 cup water for shell eggs.
2. To plump raisins, cover the fruit with very hot tap water. Soak 2 to 5 minutes. DO NOT OVERSOAK. Drain well before using.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 206 (43% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 3g, mono 3g, poly 1g, trans <1g ); Cholesterol 25mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 31g; (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 13g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 134mg; Calcium 12mg; Potassium 88mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.