To make filling and assemble cake, in medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, almonds, raisins, sugar, chocolate pieces, milk and orange peel. With serrated knife, slice pound cake horizontally into 3 equal layers. Place bottom layer on serving platter; spread with half the cheese filling, smoothing evenly. Top with middle cake layer and spread with remaining filling. Cover with top cake layer, cut side down. Smooth cake sides. Chill 1 to 2 hours.
While cake is chilling, make frosting. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate with cream and corn syrup, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; chill about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally until thick and spreadable. Frost cake evenly to cover completely. Press almonds onto sides of cake.
Filling and Cake
- 1 Container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 Cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped
- 11/4 Cups California golden raisins
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup (1-1/2 ounces) mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 11/2 Teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 pound cake (10 3/4 to 12 ounces), thawed if frozen
Frosting and Decoration
- 11/3 Cups (8 oz) mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 Cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 Cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped