No-Bake Ribbon Cake
An ordinary pound cake dressed up with golden raisins, nuts and chocolate chips.
Filling and Cake
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups California golden raisins
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1-1/2 ounces) mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 pound cake (10 3/4 to 12 ounces), thawed if frozen
Frosting and Decoration
- 1 1/3 cups (8 oz) mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds, chopped
To make filling and assemble cake, in medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, almonds, raisins, sugar, chocolate pieces, milk and orange peel. With serrated knife, slice pound cake horizontally into 3 equal layers. Place bottom layer on serving platter; spread with half the cheese filling, smoothing evenly. Top with middle cake layer and spread with remaining filling. Cover with top cake layer, cut side down. Smooth cake sides. Chill 1 to 2 hours.
While cake is chilling, make frosting. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate with cream and corn syrup, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; chill about 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally until thick and spreadable. Frost cake evenly to cover completely. Press almonds onto sides of cake.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 560 (43% from fat); Total Fat 28g (sat 12g, mono 12g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 40mg; Protein 13g; Carbohydrate 71g; (Dietary Fiber 5g; Sugars 52g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 190mg; Calcium 219mg; Potassium 507mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.