Moroccan-seasoned Chops with Fruited Couscous
The 4-Cs -- cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne spice up boneless pork chops to serve with fruited couscous Moroccan-style.
- Serving Size: 1 chop, 1 3/4 cups fruited couscous
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 4 boneless pork chops (4 ounces each), 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 box (10 ounces) couscous
- 1/2 cup California raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
In small bowl combine cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne; rub mixture onto both sides of pork chops. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook chops, turning once, about 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to label directions, adding raisins, apricots and pine nuts. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 620 (32% from fat); Total Fat 22g (sat 7g, mono 9g, poly 3g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 60mg; Protein 27g; Carbohydrate 77g; (Dietary Fiber 6g; Sugars 20g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 60mg; Calcium 57mg; Potassium 685mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.