Marcona Almond, Raisin, Prosciutto and Caper Relish
Best with grilled meats and seafood.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups California raisins
- 1/4 cup California raisin paste*
- 3/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup capers, rinsed and rough chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, rough chopped
- 4 large pieces grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Marcona almonds
- 1 cup prosciutto, sliced thin and cut in 1-inch matchstick-size strips
Slightly warm sherry; add raisins and set aside to plump for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for dressing in 2-quart mixing bowl; mix well. Drain sherry, and add raisins, almonds and prosciutto to dressing; mix together well.
Note: Commercially prepared California raisin paste is available from foodservice and industrial suppliers. To make your own raisin paste, grind or process in a food processor whole California raisins equal to twice the amount of raisin paste required (1/2 cup natural raisins) until very finely chopped and smooth.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 200 (63% from fat); Total Fat 15g (sat 1g, mono 10g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 14g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 10g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 135mg; Calcium 57mg; Potassium 260mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.