Low-Fat Raisin-Orange Muffins
These tasty muffins use the great fat-replacement properties of California raisin paste to make a moist muffin alternative for low fat diet.
- Ready Time :
- Combine currants and orange juice in small bowl and allow to soak overnight.
- Combine all ingredients for Streusel in mixer bowl. With paddle attachment, mix together until mixture resembles cornmeal with no remaining chunks of butter. Set aside. 2
- In mixing bowl, mix flour, granola, baking powder and soda, sugars and salt together thoroughly.
- In another bowl, beat raisin paste with milk, egg whites and vanilla until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Stir in currants and orange zest by hand. Do not over mix.
- Portion 3.9 ounces (110 grams) of batter into each paper-lined or oiled muffin tin.
- Top each muffin with 0.35 ounce (10 grams) of Streusel or, for a lower fat option, sprinkle with baby rolled oats or granola mix.
- Bake at 320°F for about 25 minutes. Remove from tins and cool on wire rack.
This recipe is found in the following categories:
(No Ratings Yet)
Comments are closed.