Lima Beans with California Raisins
Got 'ta love those beans with California raisins.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups thawed frozen lima beans
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter or vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
In 2-quart saucepan, bring water and lima beans to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered 10 minutes or until most liquid evaporates and beans are fork-tender. Add remaining ingredients and cook 8 to 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until beans are glazed. Serve hot.
Note: For serving suggestion, see recipe for Marinated Grilled Lamb Chops with Potato Pancakes and California Raisin-Lima Beans (Moghalai Gosht).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 140 (14% from fat); Total Fat 2g (sat 1g, mono 1g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 5mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 27g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 18g; ); Iron 2mg; Sodium 140mg; Calcium 24mg; Potassium 356mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.