Lamb Chops with Red Wine and California Raisins
Succulent lamb chops with a peppery raisin and red wine sauce.
- Serving Size: 2 chops, 1/2 cup sauce
- 12 lamb chops (about 4 ounces each), frenched
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 piquillo peppers or 3 pimientos, chopped
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup Cabernet-style red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Espelette pepper powder*; to taste
Season lamb chops with salt and pepper. In large sautépan, over high heat, heat olive oil. Sear chops quickly on both sides; finish in oven at 375°F for 6 to 10 minutes. To same pan, add garlic and onion; cook and stir until golden. Add tomatoes and cook over moderate heat until tender. Then, stir in peppers, raisins, wine, cilantro and pepper powder; cook 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings.
Divide and spoon sauce onto 6 plates. Arrange 2 chops on each.
Note: Ancho chile powder may be substituted for espelette pepper powder.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 840 (60% from fat); Total Fat 56g (sat 23g, mono 24g, poly 4g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 225mg; Protein 59g; Carbohydrate 21g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 19g; ); Iron 5mg; Sodium 190mg; Calcium 62mg; Potassium 1095mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.