Italian Sausage and Cornbread Stuffing with Raisins
Apple juice and raisins are hidden in this cornbread stuffing.
- Prep Time : 45 min
- Cook Time : 45 min
- Ready Time : 1 hour, 30 min
- 6 ounce mild Italian sausage, casing removed
- 5 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery including a few leaves
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned cornbread stuffing mix
- 1/2 unpeeled tart red apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup white grape or apple juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
In medium skillet, brown sausage, breaking up with a fork. Turn into buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Melt butter in same skillet; add onion and celery. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes, until tender. Add to baking dish with sausage. Stir in stuffing mix, apple, raisins and parsley. Gradually, add milk beaten with egg and juice, stirring until lightly moistened. Cover baking dish and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F, until hot clear through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 180 (41% from fat); Total Fat 8g (sat 3g, mono 3g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 20mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 22g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 10g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 330mg; Calcium 30mg; Potassium 210mg
This recipe is found in the following categories:
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.