By Chef Andrew Hillman
Golden raisins, carrots, green onions, cabbage, cashews and grapes seasoned with yogurt and mint.
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- Pinch ground cardamom
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 carrot, cut in matchstick-size pieces (julienne)
- 1 green onion, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons halved fresh red grapes
For dressing, mix yogurt, honey, mint and cardamom together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
To make salad, combine ingredients in large bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon chopped cashews for garnish. Toss with just enough dressing to coat completely. Garnish with mint and reserved cashews. Divide and serve on individual serving plates or turn into large serving bowl and serve buffet or family-style.
Notes: Cardamom is a strong aromatic spice; use only as much as you like. Ground green cardamom may be a better choice.
Be careful not to overload the salad with dressing. Any leftover can be passed to add later.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 150 (25% from fat); Total Fat 4.5g (sat 1g, mono 2g, poly 1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 4g; Carbohydrate 27g; (Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 20g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 35mg; Calcium 81mg; Potassium 390mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.