Honey Ham and Mango Naan
Chewy Indian flat bread holds honey-baked ham and raisin-mango chutney.
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, chopped fine
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced red pepper
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 8 Naan breads, garlic and cumin flavored
- 8 ounce herbed cream cheese
- 8 ounce honey-baked ham
Combine all ingredients for chutney except mango and raisins in a nonreactive saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes; add mango and raisins and cook for 30 minutes more or until thickened. Cool completely. (Can be done several days ahead.)
For the sandwich, spread naan with cream cheese. Layer ham on top. Spread 2 tablespoons of chutney on one-half of each bread and fold in half to make sandwich.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 450 (22% from fat); Total Fat 11g (sat 7g, mono 0g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 40mg; Protein 12g; Carbohydrate 76g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 37g; ); Iron 3mg; Sodium 730mg; Calcium 123mg; Potassium 448mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.