In a mixing bowl, whisk shallots and vinegar together. Pour in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Note: This is not on emulsified vinaigrette. Be sure to shake or stir prior to each application.)
Place red endive leaves in the middle of plate. Arrange lettuce crosswise. Place wedge of Gorgonzola and Roma tomato leaning against lettuce. Shingle hearts of palm in front of lettuce. Place pear matchsticks on top of lettuce. Sprinkle roasted walnuts and golden raisins on top and around plate. Shake dressing and drizzle on and around salad. Season with salt and pepper.
Notes: To simplify this sald, use blue cheese crumbles and omit the hearts of palm, if unavailable.
- 2 shallots, chopped fine
- 1/2 Cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 red endive, cored and leaves separated
- 3 small heads Kentucky Limestone lettuce, cut in half
- 1 Pound Gorgonzola cheese, wedge cut into 6 pieces (or, blue cheese)
- 6 hearts of palm, cut on bias
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cored and cut in half
- 2 ripe pears, cut in matchstick-size strips (julienne)
- 1 Cup California golden raisins
- 1 Cup walnuts, roasted and crushed