- 1/2 Pound tomatillos, husked
- 3/4 Cup California natural raisins
- 3/4 Cup California golden raisins
- 3 fresh green sweet peppers, ribs removed and diced small
- 3 fresh red sweet peppers, ribs removed and diced small
- 1 or 2 serrano chiles, minced
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup halved fresh red grapes
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped, fresh chives
- 2 Teaspoons toasted ground coriander seed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lime juice
Arrange tomatillos in single layer on baking sheet. Roast in oven at 400°F until soft. Cool. While still slightly warm, place in blender or food processor and process until almost smooth. Turn into large mixing bowl and combine with remaining ingredients; adjust seasonings. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in lime juice; cover and let stand for 30 minutes for the flavors to meld. Serve at room temperature with crackers, naan or lavosh for dipping or as an accompaniment for pork tenderloin or chicken seasoned with garam masala or jerk seasonings.
Notes: Remove the seeds and ribs from the serrano chilies for mild spicy flavor or leave them in for something very hot and spicy. Wear rubber gloves when preparing these.