Grilled Tuna with California Golden Raisin Chutney (Muchee Kismis)
Spicy, tangy raisin chutney -- a natural with fish and other meats, too.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet, 1/4 cup chutney
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 piece (2-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 cups California golden raisins
- 12 or 14 black peppercorns
- 1 piece (1-inch) julienne fresh gingerroot
- 6 boneless, skinless tuna fillets (6 ounces each)
In 1-quart nonreactive saucepan, bring sugar, water and vinegar to boil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and ginger. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes to blend flavors. Add raisins and continue cooking on low 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and set aside.
Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil tuna fillets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side (145°F). Transfer tuna to serving platter; spoon about 1/4 cup chutney over each fillet. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 470 (4% from fat); Total Fat 2g (sat 0.5g, mono 0g, poly <1g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 39g; Carbohydrate 73g; (Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 61g; ); Iron 4mg; Sodium 80mg; Calcium 68mg; Potassium 1006mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.