Grilled Lamb and Raisin Patties with Greek Villager Salad
Raisins in the arugula salad and in the lamb patties -- incorporating Greek flavors throughout.
Greek Villager Salad
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins, plumped in sherry
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 cup peeled and diced seedless cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomato halves
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive halves
- 1 cup matchstick-size strips of red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup prepared red wine vinaigrette
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crumbled marjoram leaf
- 1 cup California natural raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; to taste
- 8 flatbreads (4-inch rounds)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
For Salad, drain raisins and combine with other ingredients, except vinaigrette, in large bowl; cover and chill. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for Sauce in small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
For Lamb Patties, preheat oven to 350°F. In large heavy, nonreactive, ovenproof skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add marjoram and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, measure natural raisins and water into bowl of food processor with steel blade, and process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to 3-quart mixing bowl; add lamb and cooled garlic mixture, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined, and divide into 8 small oval patties. Reheat large skillet and spray with cooking spray, if needed; cook patties about 3 minutes on each side. Divide and spoon about 2 tablespoons sauce onto each patty, and finish in oven at 350°F for 4 to 5 minutes.
To serve, pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to coat well. Arrange flatbreads on 8 individual serving plates or a large platter. Top each flatbread with lamb patty; divide and spoon salad on top along with lemon wedge on the side. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 550 (48% from fat); Total Fat 29g (sat 12g, mono 13g, poly 2g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 22g; Carbohydrate 50g; (Dietary Fiber 4g; Sugars 28g; ); Iron 4mg; Sodium 780mg; Calcium 182mg; Potassium 692mg
Comment on the Recipe
Comments may be moderated. If you don't see your comment, please be patient. It may be posted soon. Do not post your comment a second time. Thank you.